It’s time for another one of my favourite posts to write! Here’s what’s made me happy lately: edition 4…
- Porridge! Maybe it’s the cosy weather we’ve been having, but I’m a sucker for porridge with banana and of course, all the drizzles of honey! It feels oh so comforting, and it fills me up too which is always a winner in my book.
- Consuming content. I am loving the online blogging world at the moment, and the fact that there is such a plethora of content for me to gobble up. I’m loving podcasts as much as ever, and I’m signed up to some great newsletters that I am loving reading on a quiet evening. It definitely has me contemplating on whether I would like to share my own newsletter, but it doesn’t seem like the right time right now. Let me know if you’d like to see a post on exactly what and who’s blogs I’m obsessed with at the moment and I can share them with you!
- Getting my hair done. I’m not a frequent visitor to the hairdressers, because lets be honest, who likes to sit and just stare at themselves for hours? But I loooove the finished product, and you feel so fancy and polished after, which isn’t a usual feeling for me!
- Instagram engagement! Hopefully I’m not jinxing myself here, but I’m really happy with the Instagram engagement I’m getting lately. I feel like I have such a wonderful community on there and I love chatting away and seeing everyone’s inspiring pictures.
- Creative writing. I won’t bang on about this too much as I have a full post coming up all about it, but after buying Write Yourself Happy, I’m so into the world of positive journaling and expanding my creative writing. It feels so good and I always feel uplifted and rejuvenated after.
- New books! I’m definitely on a book buying hype lately but I just can’t stop myself! I’ve got Crazy Rich Asians on my next to be read list, but I’ve also got my eye on a few others too. I love getting stuck into a new book, the bigger the better I say.
- Work. My day job isn’t something I talk about a lot on here, but incase you didn’t know, I’m an accountant/administrator for a family business where I work 4 days a week, usually in the mornings and early afternoon. I’m at a place where I feel my confidence is constantly building, and I’m not as intimidated to try my hand at new areas like I once was. Plus, we have 2 dogs in the office too which is always a bonus!
- A new winter coat. My mum treated me to a new winter coat the other day, which I’m very happy with! I chose a cream/beige parka from H&M and it came to around £35, very similar to one I saw in Next which was triple the price. I’m excited to wear it when the weather gets cooler.
- Girls trip! When I’m writing this, me, my mum and sister, are all headed to Sheffield this weekend for a bit of shopping/spa trip. I’m very much looking forward to it!
- All the good TV shows. A bit of a silly one, but I’m loving all the good stuff we’re watching on TV recently! We recently watched Stacey Dooley’s BBC documentary on fast fashion which I would highly recommend, but then I’ve also been loving Strictly, Bake Off, Made in Chelsea etc. I love having time off from scrolling on my phone and getting glued to a tv show. Any recommendations on what else I should be watching?
What’s made you happy lately? I’d love to know, so feel free to share in the comments below!