Photo from my Instagram, link here
With it being the last few days of 2019, I wanted to sum up my year in a slightly different way. Instead of going over the year as a whole (it was a life-changing one in many ways) I thought I’d share 19 things I’ve learnt in 2019.
- You are stronger than you think
- Meeting your nephew for the first time is a moment you’ll never forget
- A walk outside always makes everything feel a little better
- Oat milk is a great alternative in Yorkshire tea
- Being at home will probably always be your happy place, and that’s totally okay
- Creativity needs breaks
- Reading is the ultimate escape
- A better sleep routine is totally manageable, and something you can work on
- Mamma Mia 2 will always make you happy
- Grief is the most painful heartbreak you’ll ever experience
- Making the most of little things in everyday life are so important to you
- Understanding your body is a lifelong process
- Yoga and meditation are great routines you’ll always come back to
- Being yourself is easier the older you get
- Having painted nails makes you feel put together, even when you definitely aren’t
- Don’t follow fashion trends, just wear things you love
- Being uncool is cool, but in your heart I think you always knew this didn’t you?
- You will always need 9 hours sleep to be your best self
- In 2020, work on being unapologetically you more than ever before. It’s great seeing you grow.
What has 2019 taught you? Can you relate to any of these lessons?