We are always on our phones, laptops, iPads, kindles, -whatever else there is out there-.
I don’t know about you, but I often get to 4pm when I have a banging headache (not banging in a good way.. in a literal ‘banging’ way) and I end up leaving my phone in the bedroom away from sight and mind for a few hours, just for a little break. I wanted to challenge myself to compile a lil list of 20 things we can do for OURSELVES that don’t involve screens.
- Have a hot bath
- Go shopping! If you ever need an excuse, I’m your gal…
- Read an *actual* book. Or magazine, if you fancy.
- Build a pillow fort and eat ice cream. (I seriously *NEED* to do this)
- Cook yourself dinner and try new ingredients
- Workout… but you don’t have to.
- Have a cup of tea chatting to a family member <3
- Snuggle your dog. As if you needed me to tell you!
- Clear your mind by making a to-do list for the week.
- Mani/pedi time!
- Have a nap. Naps are ace.
- Explore a place you’ve never been to.
- Go for a walk and leave your phone at home. You won’t have any Instagram images but you will have memories.
- Go to McDonalds drive through and pick up an Oreo Mcflurry (my personal fave)
- Do an adult colouring book, I find them so so relaxing.
- Reorganize your bedroom and have a declutter. It’s also an excuse to do Number 3.
- Do a face mask- or two.
- Buy yourself some flowers, and pick up another bunch for someone else too if you get the inkling! Who doesn’t love a surprise bunch? If only my BF got the hint, ey?
How do you self-care WITHOUT a screen?