Reading has become a huge part of my life this past year- I even have a book Instagram account if you missed it! It’s a pure escape for me, I love that time of the evening where I can dive into bed and know that I’ll be totally zoned into another world for an hour or so. I finished 66 books in 2019 and hopefully I can read as much this year too.
I thought I’d mention a few of my favourite books of 2019, and then some books I have on my TBR for 2020.
FAVOURITE READS OF 2019
- Eve of Man. Kind of a sci-fi/fantasy book, and my favourite read of 2019.
- Crazy Rich Asians series– pure escapism and such a good series that hooks you completely.
- Normal People. So much better than Conversations with Friends and leaves you with a massive book hangover after.
- The Cows. SUCH a good book!
- Where’d You Go Bernadette. I enjoyed it so much more than I thought I would.
- The Woman I Was Before. Really good book.
- Vox- My second favourite read of 2019. You must read it!
- The Truths and Triumphs of Grace Atherton. Such a wonderful read.
- The Sun is Also A Star- Loved it!
- Looking for Alaska– WHAT A BOOK. MY HEART.
- The Keeper of Lost Things– Love love loved it.
- One Hundred Names– I was obsessed with this book. Wish I could re-read for the first time all over again.
- Before I Go To Sleep- You just have to read this. It’s so good!
- American Royals- As good as I hoped it would be! Deserves the hype in my opinion.
BOOKS I WANT TO READ
- So Lucky- I loved Dawn’s book (The Cows) so I’m really looking forward to reading this one.
- City of Girls– I think I’m going to save this one for summer because I feel like it will be a fab holiday read!
- The Giver of Stars– Currently reading this one right now.
- The Flatshare– I’ve heard so many good things about this book.
- The Bookish Life of Nina Hill– Got this ready to go on my Kindle!
- An American Marriage– Heard great things about this one and is on my TBR shelf.
Have you read any of these?