When was the last time you gave yourself a break?
Mentally, physically, emotionally.
And not when you reached your limits and you knew you needed one, but purely because you wanted one, it was something your soul was craving, that space where everything feels a little bit lighter after.
It’s definitely been something I’ve incorporated into my life lately. Time where I just do whatever feels right. Sometimes that can mean sitting down and just listening to my breath, sometimes it might be going for a walk and letting your mind wander. I always find it so interesting to see what crops up in that quiet time. Where my mind immediately goes. And on the super good days, it just stays in the moment, feeling gratitude for what I have right now. Those snippets of wonder are what I live for.
Giving ourselves to be completely free to the moment that is before us, is so important for our happiness levels. Well, I think so anyway! We didn’t arrive here with a mind that goes 100mph, a body that never gets thanked, and a mental capacity that never stops.
I think it’s really valuable to remember that. To tune into ourselves, will never be time that is wasted.
Little tips and tricks of how I’ve included this into my life:
- Whenever you remember, inhaling a big deep breath and shrugging your shoulders up, and then letting them drop on the exhale.
- Noticing your senses. What little things can you see right now that you missed the first time? For me today it was a beautiful little butterfly dashing around on the plants.
- Really feeling how your body moves throughout exercise. What feels natural and what doesn’t.
- Taking a few moments before my yoga practice to sit and just be.
- Recognising when I’m enjoying meditation, and when it’s okay to leave it after a few minutes if it doesn’t serve me on that particular day.
- Enjoying that first sip of tea.
- Reading and putting my phone down- it’s blissful!
- Having a nap if you really need, or want one. I’m averaging 1 or 2 a week at the moment.
- Thinking of 3 things you are grateful for, right now.
Will you be doing any of these?