I did this post earlier on this year about our inspire and create hashtag on Instagram. Since then, we’ve reached over 5,000 entries which is just wonderful, and we’ve expanded our own communities too. I wanted to check in with my fellow creatives and they were kind enough to answer a few questions I had to ask them!
- What is your number one app for Instagram? Snapseed is my go to app. There is not a single photo on my grid that didn’t get processed in Snapseed. A quick light fix, adjustments on selected areas only. It all got covered!
- Do you have any rules or posting schedules that you follow? Instagram helps you with your ideal posting time. If I’m honest, I’m irregular since I’m a mum but posting at my ‘right’ time makes a lot of difference on reach.
- Do you have any Instagram story tips? I like my feed cohesive but my stories are random and unfiltered. Raw and full of life. Basically everything that can’t make it on the feed will come on my stories. Highly recommend to use all Instagram’s features to interact with your followers better.
- What inspires you and the photos you take for Instagram? For me, other creatives on Instagram inspire me. I also get inspiration from books, films, nature and music.
- What is your number one app for Instagram? I use Photoshop the most for my edits. I also like Snapseed, Lightroom and BokehCamFX for added magic.
- How do we get over creative block? I regularly have to have a break for posting because I have to fill my creative cup back up. I take the pressure off and take photos for fun not with any images in mind. I watch tutorials online and learn new skills just for fun and have a play! If I’m not in the mood just going for a walk or listening to music and doing fun creative things with Dylan my son gets me back in the creative mood. His imagination inspires me. I also scroll Pinterest for ideas too!
- How do we get over creative block? I get creative blocks all the time. I find creativity is like a muscle, if I don’t keep using it, it gets weak. The best way to get over the creative fear is to just start. Start small. Take a photo of something simple and see where it takes me. I find that practical doing is better than planning.
- Christmas is coming up! Any tips for a creative photo? Christmas is the time for all things sparkle. Fairy lights and bokeh on everything in my opinion. I love adding sparkly layers to even the simplest of photos. Also, the pallet changes and becomes more dark and moody, I love that too!
- Do you have any Instagram story tips? Stories can be an intimidating place. And story fear is real! I tend to keep stories as true to me and my real life as possible. For me that’s what works best and resonates with my viewers. So my biggest tips are 1. Do what feels comfortable (you don’t have to talk to camera to do great stories) 2. Mix photos and videos through your day 3. Keep them dynamic with gifs, doodles, music or even use an outside app like ‘Unfold’ to create something that stands out.
1. What inspires you and the photos you take for Instagram? My kids inspire me. I want to create a magical world for them, even if it’s only on my photos. According to recent research, now at an earlier age children cease to believe in miracles. It’s very sad, and I want my kids to believe in magic and miracles for aslong as possible.
2. Engagement can be up and down on Instagram. How can we not let it bother us? It’s a tough question. It’s hard not to look at those numbers, but if you find your tribe and friends here, you can always ask them to make a shoutout for you or to show some love to a post that gained less likes or comments. The creative community is very kind and supportive, so don’t hesitate to ask for help and support.
3. Who’s your favourite person to follow on Instagram right now? I thought the second question was hard, this is even harder! I can’t choose one, all the profiles I follow I love! They are all unique and different. One of my rules that I teach and do it too is that you should only follow those people whose work really inspires you and you really love.
I hope you enjoyed this post and gained a few helpful Instagram tips along the way! If you want to follow me over on Instagram, I’m here and please have a look at the lovely ladies profiles above too.