I’ve always classed myself as not a creative person. I’ve never been great at art and crafts, and the last thing I DIY’ED was probably something paper mache after watching Art Attack.
Recently, I’ve been realising that just because I can’t make anything worthy of a Pinterest tutorial, I am still creative, in just a different way that I didn’t realise.
I write this blog. I do my own yoga routines. I journal. I meditate. I workout. I take pictures.
All of these things come from my brain and I follow my own routine, I don’t have anyone who guides me or tells me how to do it. I just do what seems natural to me in that moment.
I’ve always had a very vivid imagination and I loved writing stories in English classes at school, so I’ve definitely had a creative gene in me that I never really paid much attention to, just because I couldn’t draw or paint or mould.
My creativity is now something that I really love about myself, and whenever I’m lacking in it all it usually takes is having a walk outside, popping on a podcast, and my brain gets back into thinking of ideas for blog posts, pictures I want to take etc.
Ways to be more creative every day:
- Take your camera outside and snap some pictures at things that interest you.
- Read a different style of book than you usually would.
- Mix your home decor around and put things in different places.
- Try on a outfit you wouldn’t normally wear.
- Get some mindful colouring books and have a go.
- Try a different makeup look.
- Put on some music and move in a way that feels good to your body.
Are you creative?