Bad days are just, ugh.
Yet, we all have them don’t they? You could probably be forgiven that thinking your the only one who has them rear their ugly heads, and I sure as heck sometimes feel like that on social media.
It’s just a fact that most people won’t talk about theirs, and I totally get where they are coming from. I know that when I have a bad day, the last thing I want to do is go online. I don’t want to post a pretty picture to Instagram, I don’t want talk on Twitter, all I want to do is go to bed and be left alone, although maybe bring me tea and biscuits please.
Once I’m out of my funk, I share what I’ve been feeling and growing through. I don’t want people to think my life is ‘perfect’.. as if there is such a thing. I want to tell my online mates what is making me feel shitty, and when they comment with advice I listen to them.
When I see another people sharing how they are feeling I find it so refreshing and it makes me do a double-check that WAIT I have actually been comparing and they have bad days aswell and their life is not perfect, they are human like me too.
Sometimes you’ve just gotta have a cry to your mum, and let it all out.
I really believe that it is the bad days that make the good days, so good.
THINGS I DO ON A BAD DAY:
- Don’t force being happy. Accepting my feelings always brings a bit of space between me and ‘them’, which makes them feel a lot more manageable.
- Don’t feel guilty about them. We ALL have them, promise.
- Eat things that make me nostalgic/that I ate as a child. Strawberries and ice cream, yes!
- Don’t constantly think about how bad the day is you’re having.
- Spend time with people I love
- Have a Netflix binge
- Listen to music and zone out for a while
- Try and get fresh air, if I can
- Have a really hot bath
What do you think about bad days? Do you share them when you have them?