Now we are all super happy it’s February and the fact that January has finally left which felt like 89473 years, all eyes are on Valentines day and the plans we have/or do not have.
I’ve never been massively over the top enthusiastic about a certain day to show people you love them, but any day that encourages people to show love towards one another is a good one in my book and I’m not about to rain on the parade for anyone else either.
Coincidentally, Valentines Day is also a week before our anniversary so I teamed up with Henry London watches to do something a bit more special and fancy this year.
I picked a gorgeous gold and pink duo, Dan went for a rose gold and brown watch and I also had them engraved on the back of the day we got together, which I thought was a nice touch. I am obsessed with that pink face, isn’t it amazing? They have such a wide collection that it was hard to choose, so there is definitely something for everyone if you’re in the market for some new wrist candy. They have a ‘241’ sale on at the moment which means that you get a discount if you enter it into your order online! GO GO GO.
For the day itself? Due to personal circumstances I don’t think we will be venturing out anywhere special just yet, but spending real time together instead. Maybe watching a movie, having conversations that don’t involve looking at our phones, and appreciating each others companies. Which really, the day is about isn’t it?
Whether you do gifts or not, celebrate the day or let it pass by, make sure you acknowledge a loved one whether thats a boyfriend, girlfriend, parent or pet. Tell them you love them and how much you joy they bring you. That’s the most important thing.
SOME VALENTINES DAY INSPIRATION
- Cook a meal together and celebrate the day with a nice bottle of wine.
- Ring up someone you love and check in, see how they are.
- Go on a woodland walk with the dog, coming home to a nice cup of tea will feel even better afterwards.
- Dress up and go for a meal. Sometimes, it’s nice to get a bit dolled up I think.
- Treat your other half (or yourself!) to something special! You deserve it.
- Bake something delicious and lets be honest, if you make it red it’s definitely appropriate.
- Book the day off and pamper and show love to YOURSELF. You might really need it.
- Make plans for an exciting trip in the future, it doesn’t have to be limited to one day only.
How are you spending Valentines Day?
*This post was in collaboration with Henry London.