I’m in one of those moods where I feel a bit low and deflated today. For no reason whatsoever. Aren’t they great?
With that in mind I had the *genius* 😉 idea to compile a list of all the things I do that cheer me up when I’m having a down day.
- Buying myself flowers. Especially when I get a great deal of peonies for only £3. Aldi, you win.
- Letting myself eat whatever I want. Which is usually some form of comfort food, and letting that be OKAY. Heck, If I want chocolate, I’m having it, today of all days.
- Spending time with my family. I love my alone time but when I’m not feeling as great as usual, I prefer to be surrounded by my loved ones. I think it makes me feel less lonely.
- Cuddling my dog. I do this 98% of the time anyway, but he is just the cutest thing and never fails to make me smile.
- Immersing myself in ‘something else’. Whether thats watching my favourite Youtubers or reading a book/new magazine, it always brings a bit of s p a c e between me and those shitty feelings.
- Lighting a candle.
- Putting on T Swift and having a sing along.
- Thinking about all the things I like about myself, whether thats me feeling my bone structure that day, or how far I’ve come from.
- Watching an episode of an old TV show, for comfort reasons. F.R.I.E.N.D.S anyone?
I would love to know what cheers you up when you’re having a down day?