Photo from my Instagram
Since we are a good few weeks into self-isolating, and it doesn’t look like it’s going to stop anytime soon, I thought I’d compile a big list of my favourite shows/books/podcasts/hobbies that you can dip in and out of, and come back to this post if you need some inspiration or you’re feeling a bit ‘meh’. All of these things are proving to me such a great distraction to me right now, especially because the news is so tough to see at the moment. I think reading a few chapters of a good book before bed, or enjoying a cup of tea sat outside whilst listening to a podcast are all things that can add small joys into our days, and we need them more than ever right now. So, lets go..
- You (Both seasons on Netflix)
- Love is Blind (Netflix)
- Jane The Virgin (All seasons on Netflix)
- Grace & Frankie (Netflix)
- Workin’ Moms (Netflix)
- Marvellous Mrs Maisel (Amazon prime)
- Race Across The World (BBC)
- The Nest (BBC)
- The Split (BBC)
- Taylor Swift: Miss Americana (Netflix)
- The Stranger (Netflix)
- The Crown (Netflix)
- Locke & Key (Netflix)
- Narcos (Netflix)
- The Circle (Channel 4)
- Gogglebox (Channel 4)
- Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo
- Small Great Things
- Daisy Jones & The Six
- The Giver of Stars
- An American Marriage
- Eve of Man
- So Lucky
- The Cows
- The Girl He Used To Know
- The Light We Lost
- In Five Years
- The Jetsetters
- The House We Grew Up In
- Sh*gged Married Annoyed by Rosie & Chris Ramsay
- One Step by Ingrid Nilsen
- Yoga Girl Podcast
- Happy Place by Fearne Cotton
- The Fringe of It By Charlotte Jacklin & Liv Purvis
- Deliciously Ella Podcast
- Things You Can’t Ask Yer Mum By Lindsey Holland and Lizzy Hadfield
- Get Your Glow Back by Madeleine Shaw
- What I Know Now by Amelia Liana
- Talking Tastebuds by Venetia LaManna
- Hashtag Authentic by Sara Tasker
- How To Fail by Elizabeth Day
10 (more) THINGS TO DO IN SELF-ISOLATION:
- Exercise. Whether that’s on your daily walk or at home, it honestly will make you feel so much better.
- Start a craft project. I’ve got a scarf knit-kit that I’m really looking forward to do!
- Bake something tasty. I’ve made banana bread, easter nests and cookies so far.
- Declutter and re-organise your home. Don’t forget to pop on a good playlist!
- Create. Whether that’s writing a blog post or an Instagram picture.
- Facetime a loved one. Always a highlight of my day.
- Have a movie night. Re-watch one of your favourites for ultimate cosy vibes.
- Give yourself a pamper. Hair wash, face mask, manicure- the lot!
- Switch up your social media. Have a look at who you’re following and maybe find some new accounts.
- Make something for somebody else. Whether that’s a care package or posting a book to a loved one, it’s so nice to do.
How are you doing in self-isolation right now?