2020 has been a wild ride, and you only have to log on to the local news to see that it doesn’t seem to be getting any better, these days at least. I would like to think we are over the worst of it yet, but who knows what life wants to throw at us next.
Having gratitude for small things and little joys have always been a massive part of my life. Even when I was a child, getting home from school and eating a Flake yoghurt watching Art Attack, made me ecstatic and feel so, so happy. I used to be embarrased about how happy these small things made me, but over the years I’ve learnt that it’s actually, quite a great superpower to have. It means on your bad days, there are still glimmers of happiness, and on the great days, they are made even better by those tiny doses of joy.
So, with all that being said, I wanted to share a few of my small joys lately.
- Babysitting my nephew for the last few days and giving him all of the cuddles and kisses
- Going up to London for a change, and it makes coming home so much sweeter too, when you’ve been away.
- Snuggling my Harvey Geoff, our maltipoo
- Alllll the ice cream (vegan ofc!)
- Hitting all the daily goals I’ve set myself
- Feeling creative and inspired with my photo edits
- My new Alphabet Instagram challenge
- A great book I’ve just read, The Vanishing Half- highly recommend!
- This early Autumn sunshine
- Catching up on my Youtube feed
- Completing a jigsaw
- Working on my cross stitch project
- Skincare routines
- Great sleep
What’s one thing on your small joys list?